Monday, April 29, 2013

Time to run; or yet another Monday...

Focusing has been a challenge lately. It's hard to stare at a computer all day while your bones are literally aching to run around outside. Bah. I try so hard to sit still but it has become nearly impossible. I feel like a ten year old boy in his last week of fifth grade. 

Hashtag, just saying 

It's harder, still, when you know freedom is coming. Sooner than you thought. In less than two weeks, I will finish up my job at OCM, begin the process of moving into the city, enjoy a long awaited summer, and then starting a new a job. Less than two weeks! Which is why I just want to run. Run. To new things. Places. Adventures. I want to roll windows down* and feel the air rush past my face.

And yet underneath those dreams and longings is an undeniable and slightly inarticulable sadness. I often find it hard to embrace change; particularly when change means saying goodbye. Transition has never been a strong suit. 

But, in this moment, I am choosing to celebrate. This space coming up is a gift. One that I cannot claim as my own doing. So I am dreaming a bit, lest I waste that which has been given.
 
And if these songs make you want to take off in a beaten up car, with its manual windows rolled down and tape cassettes blaring, to head to goodness knows where... perhaps you understand what I am feeling.





*Or better yet, have no windows. Bike trip anyone? Please? 

1 comment:

  1. "Into the Wild" I totally shazam'd this song. Love it!

    Hashtag, loved that you spelled it out.

    "Into the City"! So awesome. Hashtag, jealous.

    ReplyDelete