Monday, April 22, 2013

Signs of spring and other things

Guys.

Spring is coming. 

I was getting worried there for a second when it started snowing on Friday*.  But here we are, three days later, at a balmy and sunshine filled 65 degrees. Midwest weather has never been celebrated for its consistency, I suppose. I was relieved to see tree buds starting to peep their little heads out of a long winter slumber. I wouldn't blame them if they decided to just forget it all and wait until next year. I mean, I was feeling that way too.

But only kind of.

This weekend, I celebrated (or was it defiant stubbornness?) the sunshine by braving the cold on Saturday to peruse the grand opening of the local french market. I got my laundry done, paid some bills, ordered new checks, cleaned my room. I mean, really. Who am I?

I forget, sometimes, how good sunshine is for my soul. And thus my productivity. Ah. Well.

Anywho. I do have some gems for you today. Now. I don't believe in favorites, but if number of times played indicated any such thing, Wild Belle's "Keep You" has almost been on repeat. Also, I am also slowly falling in love with electropop. Don't tell Mr. Dylan. Although, to be fair, CHVRCHES makes it really easy, and fun, to do so.

And finally. What kind of music post would this be if I didn't include some new Timberlake? Am I right? They made me do it, mom! I swear!


Keep You

Recover

Mirrors

*It also rained so hard Thursday that there was widespread flooding. But alas. I digress from the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment