Monday, April 1, 2013

mmm. It's Monday.

...but. He is Risen! Alleluia!

And, really. That's all that matters. Friends! Let us not fail to remember the empty tomb!

Oh man, guys. Holy Week was a blur. I am not sure I remember all that actually happened. But I do remember it was good. In so many senses of that word. In many ways, it is still remarkable to me that it is over. When I was finally able to lie down yesterday in hopes of taking a nap, all I could do was curl up in my bed and cry. Cry because the week was amazing. Cry because the week was over. Cry because the week held so many unexpected, and beautiful, encounters with the Lord. I felt like my 5-year old self after Christmas: so much anticipation and excitement, and then it happens. And, just like that, it is over. Like, what? Even in my young years, I felt it only reasonable to cry*.

Hopefully, I will have time soon to process through the blur. Until then, it is back to the job and routine. And trying to wade through this little post-HolyWeek let down I am feeling.

Anywho. Enough of my ramble bamble. Here's to posting shome shongs! Enjoy, my friends.







*Yes. I routinely cried after Christmas. Also after the Olympics. My parents tried not to worry.

3 comments:

  1. I always cry after happy things. Just! So! Much! Emotion!

    I want to hear all about your holy week. Will you email me about it?

    I love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't worry about your crying... Although, we did hold a few prayer vigils... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cried (I'm told) after George Bush I lost to Bill Clinton. I don't remember/have repressed this.

    I do remember crying when the Michigan Wolverines lost the 1993 NCAA championship game. I'm feeling a bit edgy as they are in the championships again this year.

    I also cried when . . . umm, nevermind, see ya!

    ReplyDelete